- Speech Perfect founder Nazmeerah Ismail is a dually qualified speech therapist and audiologist who graduated from the University of the Witwatersrand with distinction.
- Nazmeerah was awarded the SASHLA (South African Speech Hearing and Language Association) prize for the best student in Speech Pathology- Clinical for 2014. Nazmeerah also attained 18 certificates of first class achievement over her four year course at the University of the Witwatersrand and was also inducted into the Golden Key International Honour Society.
- Nazmeerah previously worked as a community based speech therapist and audiologist in the Lenasia South and Orange Farm areas where she independently ran the speech therapy and audiology departments at both clinics respectively. During this time Nazmeerah began Lenasia South Clinic’s chronic adult neurogenic communication group and adolescents overcoming stuttering support group.
- Nazmeerah was also involved in the Starkey Community Based Hearing Healthcare Training which involved mass hearing aid orientation and fitting over a 2 day period in Soweto and Lenasia.
- Nazmeerah has previously worked at a school for Autism. During this period, she was responsible for the assessment and treatment of 60 learners with varying levels of Autism Spectrum Disorder. Nazmeerah conducted individual therapy, group therapy and classroom based intervention within this setting.
- Nazmeerah has completed the neuro developmental delays workshop with the Mind Moves Institute and is a certified Mind Moves Master Teacher.
- Nazmeerah is passionate about academics and clinical competency. She has lectured at the University of the Witwatersrand and engaged in clinical supervision at the University for many years.
- Nazmeerah has attended additional courses in Augmentative Alternative Communication, Fluency and DIR Floortime.
- Nazmeerah currently runs her private practice Speech Perfect with utmost dedication and passion.